|Unit:||India Programme Coordination|
|Organization:||International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN)|
|Location:||India Country Office, New Delhi 110049, India|
|Reporting to:||Programme Coordinator|
|Expected start date:||01 March 2020|
|Type of contract:||Fixed-term (12 months)|
|Closing date:||14 February 2020|
This is a local recruitment. Only Indian nationals, individuals with residence status or the appropriate employment visa for India are eligible to apply. The remuneration and benefits package for this position is established with reference to the local labour market and in like with the IUCN Conditions of Service for India.
IUCN has agreed to partner with The Government of Arunachal Pradesh on carrying out the Red List Assessments of Orchids of Arunachal Pradesh. The position, Project Associate (Red List of Orchids) is expected to comply with the IUCN Delegation of Authority (DoA) current at any particular time, and the sub-delegations issued thereof. Such compliance must be exercised with due diligence and regard for the letter, spirit and purpose of the DoA.
• Facilitate project activities as per work plan for the following major components, review, support in working in working with Orchid Specialist group members , and the final publication
• Provide administrative and technical support to line manager towards organizing the Red List Steering Committee at the state level, work with IUCN Global Species programme in organising training programmes and meetings in a timely manner, and providing regular updates,
• Maintain regular interaction with the identified experts and partners in this project and; maintain a database, assist with the coordination, learning, monitoring and evaluation activities under the project
• Developing the Terms of Reference and contracts for consultants and partner organisations hired under the project and track their progress and completion of deliverables
• Organising meetings and workshops to be held under the project
• Facilitate the preparation of all communications products e.g brochures, factsheets, publication, under the project
• Liaising with the IUCN Finance Officer for preparation of various project-specific financial reports
• Assist in preparation of technical reports for project reporting, as required, including donor reporting
• Support line management in providing inputs other ongoing projects in the office including India Himalayas, on Forest Landscape restoration and where necessary support on engagement with the Private Sector
• To contribute to IUCN’s portfolio of Program development including GEF, GCF, Private Sector etc.; support where necessary new and ongoing projects/initiatives related to Forests and Ecosystem based Adaptation, Himalayas Program, Nature Based Solutions(NbS), Species Conservation including Red Listing, Private sector, Leader for Nature(LfN).
• Supporting project proposal development for future funding support
• Carry out field visits as and when indicated
• To implement communication and outreach activities of Red listing Project, support development of new red listing projects for other States; and also support to communication focal point for enhanced visibility and communication through effective web based, print media, social media and audio visual communication tools of IUCN programs and initiatives in India;
• Carry out any other relevant tasks that may from time to time be indicated by the line manager.
• Masters in Environmental Sciences, Life Sciences or allied subjects;
• 4 years experience working in a project related to sustainable development and /or conservation preferably on plant and orchid conservation would be desirable;
• Good writing skills in English and Knowledge of Hindi language is required for extensive field based consultation meetings;
• Candidate should be prepared to undertake travel in state of Arunachal Pradesh.
Applicants are requested to apply online through the HR Management System, by opening the vacancy announcement and pressing the “Apply” button.
Applicants will be asked to create an account and submit their profile information. Applications will not be accepted after the closing date. The vacancy closes at midnight, Swiss time (GMT+1 / GMT+2 during Daylight Saving Time, DST). Please note that only selected applicants will be personally contacted for interviews.
DEPARTMENT OF BIOTECHNOLOGYMinistry of Science &Technology, Govt. of India DBT-Junior Research Fellowship (DBT-JRF) in Biotechnology (2020) BIOTECHNOLOGY ELIGIBILITY TEST (BET) 2020 Applications are invited from bonafide Indian citizens, residing in … Continue Reading DBT Junior Research Fellowship Programme (DBT – JRF) – BIOTECHNOLOGY ELIGIBILITY TEST (BET – 2020)
NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF SCIENCE EDUCATION AND RESEARCH BHUBANESWAR Advt.No: NISER/ACAD/Ph.D/2020-21(1) Notice for Admission to PhD Program: 2020-21 (Summer Session) Applications are invited from Indian citizens for admission to Ph.D program … Continue Reading Admission to PhD @ NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF SCIENCE EDUCATION AND RESEARCH
INDIAN ASSOCIATION FOR THE CULTIVATION OF SCIENCE A Deemed to be University under de novo category Jadavpur, Kolkata-700032 Applications are invited in the prescribed form available in the website http://www.iacs.res.in … Continue Reading Admission to the PhD Programme @ IACS
*SOURCE : IUCN- HRMS