(Walk-in interviews on Tuesday, February 11, 2019)
[Positions under Funded Project purely on Temporary and Contractual Basis]
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Pune is a premier autonomous
Institution established by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government
of India, for promotion of high quality science education and research in the country.
Institute invites applications from Indian nationals / PIO / OCI having excellent
academic record and relevant work experience for the following position purely on
temporary and contractual basis under the funded project:
Name of the Post : Senior Teaching Associate
No. of posts : 01 (One)
Title of the Project : Molecular Biology Workshops for School and College Students
Project code: Eppendorf India Pvt. Ltd. (011)
Qualifications & Experience
B.E / B.Tech / M.E / M.Tech / M.Sc. in any discipline of
Life Sciences with minimum 60% marks / first class or
Minimum 5 years of work experience in the form of
conducting laboratory courses / practical’s for basic
molecular biology techniques at the undergraduate /
Post graduate level.
Ph.D. or postdoctoral research (in any branch of Life
Sciences) with extensive basic molecular biology
techniques will be considered as work experience.
Candidates who have submitted their thesis may
Job Requirement :
Incumbent is expected to conduct Molecular Biology
workshops for school and college students. This will
involve both theory and hands-on experimentation.
Therefore the candidates must be fluent in English and
have excellent theoretical as well as practical
knowledge of basic molecular biology techniques like
PCR, cloning, DNA / RNA extraction, protein related
Tenure of the appointment :
Initially for a period of one year, extendable for further
period subject to satisfactory performance of the
incumbent and continuation of the project.
Consolidated emoluments :
Rs. 35,000/- to Rs. 40,000/- per month depending on the experience and expertise.
Not more than 45 years as on closing date of advertisement.
Day, Date, Reporting Time, Venue of Written test & Walk-In Interview :
Tuesday, February 11, 2020 at 8.45 AM on Second
Floor, Biology Department, Main Building, IISER,
Pune, Dr. Homi Bhabha Road, Pune – 411008.
Written test that will start at 9.15 AM. The test will be
about basic concepts and techniques in Molecular
Candidates shortlisted in written test will only
appear for personal interviews.
HOW TO APPLY:
At the time of interview, applicants need to bring duly filled prescribed application form
(available below advertisement link), self-attested photocopies of certificates in support of
educational qualification, experience, date of birth and in support of information submitted in
the application form and one recent passport size colour photograph.
The applicant must also bring all the original certificates at the time of interview for
the purpose of verification.
General Information / details about the post
- Appointment is purely temporary and will terminate automatically without any notice or
compensation on termination of the project.
- The appointed person shall have no claim of appointment / absorption in Funding Agency or
in IISER Pune.
- Appointment of the applicant will be governed by the terms and conditions of the funding
agency particularly applicable to the said project
- The qualification prescribed should have been obtained from recognized Universities /
- The prescribed educational qualification & experience is bare minimum and mere possession
of same does not entitle candidates to be considered in each stage of the selection process.
Where number of candidates appearing for walk-in interview is large, it will not be convenient
or possible to interview all eligible candidates. Based on the recommendations of the
Screening Committee, the Project Investigator may restrict the number of candidates to be
considered for the interview to a reasonable limit after taking into consideration qualifications
and experience over and above the minimum prescribed in the advertisement. Therefore, it
will be in the interest of the candidates, to mention all the qualifications and experience in the
- Relaxation in requirement of qualification and/or experience may be considered in case of
exceptionally meritorious applicants with the prior approval of the competent authority.
- Age relaxation commensurate with educational qualification and / or experience of the
applicant may be considered for candidates having qualification and experience higher than
the advertised with the prior approval of the competent authority.
- No TA/DA will be admissible for appearing for the interview.
- Selected candidates will have to join duty immediately on receipt of the offer.
10.No interim enquiries / correspondence / communication of any sort will be entertained on the
11.Canvassing in any form and / or bringing any influence, political, or otherwise, will be treated
as a disqualification for the post applied for.
- DBT Junior Research Fellowship Programme (DBT – JRF) – BIOTECHNOLOGY ELIGIBILITY TEST (BET – 2020)
- Admission to PhD @ NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF SCIENCE EDUCATION AND RESEARCH
- Admission to the PhD Programme @ IACS
- Research officer Job @ RGCB, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala
- Assistant Professors in Kerala Agricultural University-EXTENSION OF LAST DATE FIXED