Field Application Scientist II
Location Kolkata, India Job ID: 110315BR
- The Job profile requires expertise in one or more of the Genetic Analysis techniques offered by Thermo Fisher- such as Real-time PCR, Capillary Electrophoresis, NGS (ION Torrent), Microarray (Affymetrix).
- Good knowledge of basic Molecular Biology techniques is absolutely essential, as also the use of ancillary equipment for MOL BIO experiments, as the role would be to primarily support the GSD and BID business of LSG for instruments and consumables.
- The role will comprise of active customer interactions, predominantly at customer sites or labs for the purpose of training users on our platforms, mostly in the East and NE regions and occasionally need to travel outside. The candidate would also be expected to provide demonstrations of our platforms as part of pre-sales activities and provide technical inputs to the sales/commercial team.
- The role would need good communication (and presentation) skills for customer-facing activities such as Demos, presentations at scientific seminars and workshops, training and pre-sales discussions (including via tele and email), again, mostly in the regions mentioned earlier.
- The candidate should have a good understanding of Windows-based tools for Analysis of data – for the applications or platforms that are stated here. Basic knowledge of biology for various plant and animal / microbial systems will help in the finer aspects of the role.
- The candidate should be an absolute team player and work very closely with sales, service and other cross-function teams in the East region.
- M.Sc. 3-4 years of hands-on experience in relevant technologies like real-time PCR, Sanger sequencing, NGS
- PhD. with 1-2 years of relevant research experience is also acceptable.
- Must possess good communication and presentation skills
- Flexible to travel 75% anywhere in South Asia.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds have a unique story to tell. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com .
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status
*SOURCE Thermo Fisher