Manager Quality Safety Environment
Location: Gurugram, HR – IN
Job ID: R-37051
Time Type: Full time
Travel: 26% – 50%
Post Date: 1/6/2020
Post End Date: 1/6/2020
Position Overview: The primary function of this role is to ensure compliance to Quality, Safety and Environment facets of KORE in the assigned bottling plants of INSWA BU. Additionally the role will engage in Capability Building, program implementation and driving metrics related to Safety at workplace and route to market.
Primary Function & Purpose of the role:
1. Ensure compliance to Quality, Safety and Environment (QSE) facets of KORE and applicable regulatory requirements in 10-15 bottling plants across bottlers in INSWA BU.
2. Implement QSE performance management processes across the manufacturing sites. Support bottling plants to deliver QSE 1 score, Quality metrics (Consumer concerns, Freshness Index), Sustainability (SVA/SWPP, Water replenishment), Safety (LTIR, TIR), Environment (WUR, EUR, DIYH) and WWW metrics.
3. Provide System Support in de-risking bottling operations during events of consumer concerns, product recalls, IMCRs, etc.
4. Provide Project Management Support (Green filed, Brown field) & QSE guidance for Capacity Extensions, New Product Commercialization and agile business model (Alternate Revenue Stream)
5. Design and deliver customized capacity building programs on Quality, Safety & Environment facets to improve the system capability.
6. Should have a background in managing safety performance / metrics in the previous organization.
Function Related Activities/Key Responsibilities:
- Implement a program to assess Manufacturing (co-packers), Distribution and Immediate Consumption operations to confirm implementation of Quality, Environment, Food Safety and Occupational Safety & Health management systems
- Drive Safety and occupational health program in the bottling operations and provide leadership and lead capability improvement and metrics management.
- To implement systems to mitigate / eliminate food safety risks and drive compliance in manufacturing plants and distribution system in the copack supply chain
- Implement a program to address the GAO audit findings in the bottling plants through effectiveness implementation of CAPA plans. Track the progress of CAPA, close out the findings and informs the GAO
- Interact with bottling organization (BIG & Independent Bottlers) in planning the system certification goals in the beginning of the year and liaise with the 3rd party certification agencies for executing the certification audits in the field
- Partner with the bottlers to validate and provide timely approvals for the new lines / new processes in line with KORE requirements.
- Collaborate with BIG, Independent bottlers (owners of Copack plants) Group Quality and Corporate Global Quality in rolling out new productivity initiatives and developing and implementing validation protocols for the same before executing them in the bottling plants.
- Provide training to the bottling plants as required on HACCP, 7 QC tools and implementation of traceability programs in the field. Provide training and support to the copack bottling plants in implementation of the KORE requirements in the field
- Post graduate in science
- Knowledge of quality management systems such as ISO, FSMS, OSHAS, 14000 etc
- Safety certifications / courses preferable.
Related Work Experience:
- Minimum 5 – 7 years of experience in quality, safety or environment in FMCG environment or food related industry,
- Good understanding of quality, food safety, occupational health & safety and environment principles.
- Managing metrics and driving safety programs is preferable.
- Must have Communication skills with good interpersonal skills and customer service focus,
- Must have Knowledge of Quality & Food Safety policies, occupational health and environment policies.
- Experience in behavior based safety is an added advantage.
- Strong MS office skills,
*SOURCE COCA COLA