KERALA VETERINARY AND ANIMAL SCIENCES UNIVERSITY
COLLEGE OF VETERINARY AND ANIMAL SCIENCES, POOKODE LAKKIDI POST, WAYANAD- 673 576, KERALA
Notification for engagement of Senior Research Fellow (SRF) under ICAR-NASF project
Applications are invited for walk-in-interview for engagement of Senior Research Fellow under the ICAR- NASF project entitled ‘Exploiting Encapsulated Nanoparticle Conjugated Phytochemicals to Combat Antimicrobial Resistance in Poultry’.
Details of vacancies: Senior Research Fellow (SRF): 01 No.
Eligibility criteria for the Senior Research Fellow
Essential: Master’s degree in relevant subject (VPH/ Microbiology/ Biotechnology/
Molecular Biology) with 4 years/ 5 years of Bachelor’s degree. Candidates having post-graduate degree in Basic Sciences with 3 years Bachelor’s degree and 2 years Master’s degree should have NET qualification and 2 years of research experience as mentioned in OM F. No Ag.Edn./6/27/2014-HRD dated 30th July 2019.
- Knowledge in computer applications, data organization/ management/ report preparation/ writing, power point presentation etc.
- Evidence of at least two years’ research experience in laboratory microbiological techniques (PCR; bacterial isolation and identification; nanotechnology; phytochemicals etc.) relevant to the project.
- Publications in NAAS/ UGC approved journals of repute.
- SRFs who have earlier worked in any External-aided projects may be given preference for engagement.
Nature of the work/ duties: The candidate has to work in microbiological laboratory performing bacterial culture, isolation and identification of bacteria, performing molecular assays, cell culture, synthesis and characterisation of nanoparticles, in vivo laboratory animal models etc. Work also involves field work for collection of samples for isolation of pathogens and handling of mice/birds.
For 1st and 2nd year: Rs. 31,000 per month + HRA
For 3rd year onwards: Rs. 35,000 per month + HRA. (N.B.: The above revised emoluments are subject to eligibility as laid out in Office Memorandum F. No Ag.Edn./6/27/2014-HRD dated 30th July 2019, issued by Agricultural Education Division, Indian Council of Agricultural Research. Candidates not meeting these requirements will not be eligible for revised emoluments).
Age Limit: Upper Age Limit for SRF is 35 years for men and 40 years for women on the date of interview (Relaxation of SC/ST/OBC as per rules). Along with the application, Bio-Data, SC/ST/OBC certificate (wherever applicable) duly attested is to be submitted.
Interested candidates can attend the walk-in-interview as per the following schedule at Dean’s Conference Hall, College of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, Pookode, KVASU, Wayanad, Kerala- 673 576 on 14.01.2020 at 10 AM.
Terms & Conditions:
- Candidates fulfilling the essential qualification only need to attend the walk-in interview.
- The eligible candidates may send a duly-signed application (Annexure-I) along with CV to the e-mail of Dr. Jess Vergis, Assistant Professor & Collaborating Centre Principal Investigator, ICAR-NASF project, Department of Veterinary Public Health, College of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, Pookode, Lakkidi P.O., Wayanad- 673 576, Kerala (firstname.lastname@example.org) on or before 13/01/2020, 01:00 PM.
- The candidate must bring one set of duly-signed application (Annexure-I), CV, selfattested copy of all the relevant documents (testimonials, certificates, publications etc.) and age proof with two passport-size photographs along with all the original certificates of all required certificates from matriculation onwards and experience certificate in original (if any) with them for the interview.
- No TA/DA will be paid to the applicants for appearing in interview.
- The appointments will purely be time-bound, on contractual basis of non-regular nature and co-terminus with the project. The institute will hold no responsibility for payment of emoluments/ regular employment after termination of the project.
- Notwithstanding the duration of the scheme, the engagement of SRF can be discontinued owing to administrative reasons at any time by issue of one month’s notice or one month’s emoluments in lieu thereof. Non-maintenance of the discipline or failure to perform the duties assigned will make the SRF liable for termination.
- The SRF may also leave the assignment, on their own volition, by giving one month’s notice. At the end of the contract period, the SRF will have no right to claim any employment or engagement in the ICAR/ University.
- The incumbent shall not have any claim for regular appointment under ICAR/ University.
- Concealing of facts or canvassing in any form shall lead to disqualification of the candidature or termination even after appointment.
- The selected candidates will be required to undergo medical examination as per the rules for ensuring their physical fitness before appointment.
- The timely guidelines issued for SRFs engaged under the ICAR schemes will be followed.
ALSO VIEW BOOKS FOR CSIR NET/JRF EXAM