CHINESE GOVERNMENT SCHOLARSHIP 2020-2021
Online applications are invited for selection of Indian nationals for Chinese Government Scholarship 2020-21, for pursuing following programs:
- Undergraduate programs
- Master’s programs
- Doctoral programs (iv) General Scholar programs
(v) Senior Scholar programs.
- Applicant must be a permanent citizen of India and should be currently residing in India at the time of applying.
- Age Criterion:
- For applying to undergraduate programs: applicant must be a high school graduate (Class XII pass) under the age of 25.
- For applying to master’s programs: applicant must be a bachelor’s degree holder under the age of 35.
- For applying to doctoral programs: applicant must be a master’s degree holder under the age of 40.
- For applying to general scholar programs: applicant must be a high school graduate i.e. he/she must have cleared Class XII (at least) under the age of 45.
- For applying to senior scholar programs: applicant must be a master’s degree holder OR an associate professor (or above) under the age of 50.
Candidates who have been abroad for the purpose of study/research/training, for the period of more than six months at a time either on a scholarship or on their own, are eligible to apply only if they have been in India for at least two years, after their return from abroad as on 24 January 2020.
- 40 slots are offered under the Chinese Government Scholarship. Final selection of candidates rests with the Embassy of the People’s Republic of China. Nominations would be made in a proportional manner according to the number of applications received under each degree program.
VALUE OF SCHOLARSHIP: Please visit www.campuschina.orgfor details of value of scholarship provided by the Government of China.
AIRFARE: The Government of India will bear the cost of airfare for onward air tickets only i.e. India to China for the candidates who are finally selected for award of this scholarship.
- SUBMISSION OF ONLINE APPLICATIONS:
Candidates must necessarily apply on both the following websites to be considered for nomination by the Ministry of Human Resource Development for this scholarship:
Chinese Scholarship Council’s Online Application System(www.campuschina.org). Instructions for applying on the Chinese Scholarship Council’s Online Application System are enclosed.
http://proposal.sakshat.ac.in/scholarship . Portal would be active from 12 December 2019 to 24 January 2020.
Applicants are required to upload the following documents while applying for this scholarship on http://proposal.sakshat.ac.in/scholarship :
- Self attested copy of class Xmark sheet, class XII mark sheet, degree certificate
(UG/PG/Doctoral as applicable). Please note that if your degree is awarded in terms of GPA, applicant must upload the official procedure adopted by the University/Institution for conversion of GPA to Percentage.
- Class X pass certificate as proof of age of the applicant.
(Document size: size of an individual document must be under 530 kb)
CRITERIA FOR NOMINATION: The following criteria would be adopted for nomination of the candidates:
- For undergraduate programs, merit list would be based on Class XII marks (80% weightage) and Class X marks (20% weightage).
- For Master’s, Doctoral, General Scholar and Senior Scholar programs, priority for nomination would be given to candidates who have completed their last qualifying exam either from Institutes of National Importance (INI)/Central Universities (CU)/ Centrally funded Technical Institutes (CFTI)/National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) accredited institutions
Important Notes(i). The study of Chinese Language Course of about one year is mandatory before starting study in relevant subject in Chinese Language. The medium of instructions/study in China is Chinese Language; hence the candidates must keep this fact in mind before submitting his/her application for Chinese Government Scholarship. No request for exemption or waiving of Chinese Language Course will be entertained after nomination/selection and candidature of applicant will be rejected summarily if he/she is not willing to study Chinese Language in China. Many programs/disciplines are taught only in Chinese Language in the Chinese university/institutions. Applicants are, therefore, advised to choose their program/discipline carefully.
(ii). Candidate is expected to have rudimentary knowledge of prevailing geopolitical situation, culture and heritage of China.
(iii). Canvassing in any form and suppression of any fact in the application will disqualify the candidature of the applicant.
(iv). The final selection of the nominated candidates rests with the Government of People’s Republic of China.
(v). The applicant in employment (to which he/she wishes to return) should have an assurance from his/her employer that he/she will be granted sufficient leave if he/she is awarded this scholarship during study period in China.
(vi). All communication will be made on candidates’ registered email. It is advised that working email should be provided.
(vii). Further queries may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants may also call on 011- 26172896/26172492 to clarify any doubts which they might have.
- Instructions of the Chinese Scholarship Council Application System for International Students.
- Foreigner Physical Examination Form.
ALSO VIEW CSIR NET/JRF BOOKS