Job Title: Team Leader – Microbiologist
Job ID: # 74098
Location: Sanand, GJ, IN
The scope of Responsibility:
The Micro Laboratory Analyst is responsible for performing microbiological testing in support of this site microbiological control program. Especially, the Laboratory Analyst is accountable for Micro laboratory operations, assuring that the testing is done in conformance to CP standards and guidelines.
- Performs microbiological testing in accordance with standard procedures
- Collect and analyze data to draw conclusions and recommend actions
- Apply appropriate methods and data interpretation techniques to help in overcoming technical difficulties and promote continuous improvement.
- Maintains the lab excellent assurance systems to assure the validity of data
- Perform or aid vendor in the installation qualification (IQ), operational qualification (OQ) and performance qualification (PQ) of lab instruments and equipment.
- Maintain accurate, up to date and concise lab records
- Supports a microbiological sampling and testing program for water, raw materials, work-in-process (WIP), environmental samples & finished products at the facility. This plan has to be based on QS 023.
- Understand and utilize basic lab safety equipment and instructions, precautions in handling and disposing of biological materials, in accordance with local environmental regulations.
- Troubleshoot basic instrument or methodology problems.
- Drive business issue resolution and constant improvement. Capture key learning’s, best practices, possible issues/trends and opportunities for improvement and communicate internationally, divisionally and locally on a regular basis.
Education / Expertise: M.Sc. in Microbiology
EOHS and Quality:
- Understands the technical requirements of Quality and Microbiology in factories and research facilities
- Implements strategies to Guarantee conformance to Quality and Microbiology requirements
- Understands and communicates the business and fiscal consequences of not conforming to criteria
- Develops networks to foster teamwork in the management of standards, implementation and identification of best practices
- Provides direction for improving Microbiology and Quality conscious behaviour in factories and research facilities
Managing Materials and Services:
- Develops mutually beneficial relationships with suppliers and contract manufacturers
- Applies the Supplier Certification/ Continuous Improvement Procedure
- Understands technical procedures in the factory
- Knows the storage and handling requirements of raw materials, finished goods, and waste streams
Customer Service and Logistics:
- Understands Supply Chain constraints such as product release, manufacturing, distribution, and customer requirements.
- Exploits data and information to identify and measure possible improvements
- Understands the linkages among supply/demand KPIs and the impact of CI tools on those KPIs
- Facilitates the sharing of ideas, knowledge and best practices to improve processes and solve problems.
- Works to standardize best practices.
- Utilizes sound knowledge of and stays current on state of the art technologies and microbiological practices: equipment, procedure, and materials
- Advocates and implements product, material and process standardization and simplification.
- Applies analytical concepts, packages, and design of experiments
How to Apply:
Are you thinking about working for Colgate-Palmolive? You may apply to work with us using this online application. Attach all relevant documents like a cover letter and resume or CV. Applications received by email aren’t considered in the choice procedure.