- Proofs and edits clinical study reports, protocols, amendments, and other documents as needed, ensuring that company or client conventions, styles, formats, and terminology have been used.
- Assists with the development of standard language for documents, including clinical study report and protocol templates.
- Assists in the compilation of an electronic version of the final clinical study report and the creation of associated PDF files.
- May perform the bookmarking and hyperlinking of the final PDF of the CSR prior to client receipt.
- Creates and ships CDs to clients. Uploads documents to and downloads documents from client sites as needed.
- Prepare subject narratives and performs QC checks as needed.
- Assists with archiving as needed.
- Mentors and trains Medical Editors and new Medical Writers on style guide as appropriate.
- Addresses process improvements needed for maintaining efficiencies within the Editorial group.
- Must have excellent command of the English language, both oral and written.
- Performs any other duties as assigned by Manager or Supervisor.
- Write ICFs
Relevant science degree (e.g., BS in Life Sciences, Biochemistry, or Pharmacology)/BA in English or a related field.
- Knowledge of standard editing/proofing conventions, grammar, sentence structure, and style.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Word and Adobe Acrobat, and the ability to apply related knowledge regarding scanning and other software programs.
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
- Typically 1 to 2 years of experience at the Editor I level or equivalent.
- Experince in writing ICFs or general writing experience.