Advt. No. WII/AE&CB/BH/Jewar/2019/02
Position: Project Associate (Ecology)
No of Posts: 01
Name of Post: “Preparation of Conservation Plan for Biodiversity likely to be Impacted by Greenfield Jewar International Airport, Gautam Budha Nagar, Uttar Pradesh”
Age: 35 Years
Salary: Rs. 35,000 plus HRA
Essential Qualification (EQ):
Master’s Degree in Life Science/ Wildlife Science/ Forestry/ Biodiversity Conservation/ Ecology/ Environmental Sciences from a recognized university and The applicant should have minimum 2 years of experience after appropriate. Master Degree in the field of Wildlife Science/ Forestry/ Biodiversity Conservation/ Ecology from a recognised Scientific Organisation.
Desirable Qualification (DQ): Preference will be offered to the applicant having PhD/ M.Phil. Degree in pertinent subjects and working experience in wildlife field assessment and survey. The candidate needs to have experience in wildlife survey, occupancy analysis,
population estimation, habitat quantification using different approaches. Along with this,
knowledge of GIS, Statistics, Data analysis and report writing will certainly be required.
Description of Work: Required to visit the recommended area of Greater Noida for prep work of Conservation Plan around Jewar International Airport, to collect data and sample, and to coordinate with the various other team members.
Desirable Qualification (DQ): Field Experience in Aquatic habitat assessment/ Wetland Ecology/ Wildlife Research. Experience in analytical and writing skills.
Age: Not exceeding 28 years according to the date of interview. Upper age limit in the event of applicants belonging to SC/ST/OBC categories might be relaxed according to the rules.
Work description: Survey and information collection in and around aquatic habitat during night and day. Data analysis and management plan write.
Mode of Selection:
- The candidate will be selected based on the shortlisting of applications and performance in interview.
- The applicants with duly filled in the application form as per prescribed format with comprehensive CV consisting of educational qualification, experience etc. need to report on 30th October 2019 by 0930 hrs.
- The candidates after scrutiny of documents will be allowed for a personal interview before the Selection Committee on 30.10.2019 at 1030 hrs. All original documents/ certifications need to be produced as evidence at the time of scrutiny of documents and interview.
- The period in the project will be governed by the Institute’s regulations and regulations
- The Institute will certainly not offer accommodation for applicants appearing for the interview
- Relaxation in age will be given as per Govt. of India standards
- After the announcement of the results, the candidate ought to join the project immediately.
- The Director WII reserves the right to reject any candidature in view of insufficient information provided by the candidate or for any other reason thereof.
View Notification Below