National Centre for Cell Science, Pune
An Autonomous Institute of Department of Biotechnology,
Ministry of Science & Technology, Govt. of India
NCCS Complex, S. P. Pune University Campus, Ganeshkhind, Pune – 411 007.
Ph. No. 020-25708000.
NCCS Ph.D Admission- MARCH – 2020
NCCS, Pune, invites application from eligible candidates for admissions to Ph.D. programme of March-2020 session. The applicants should be a bonafide Indian citizen, having regularly great academic record with strong motivation to pursue research in modern biology leading to a Ph.D. degree and with eligibility discussed below must make an application for the same. Students with post graduate degree and having legitimate fellowship from CSIR/UGC/DST-Inspire with NET-LS or GATE/ DBT/ICMR/ BINC, all are eligible to apply.
Students with postgraduate degree that do not have a fellowship but have.
certified JGEEBILS examination conducted by NCBS/TIFR hung on 09th December, 2018 are eligible to apply. Nonetheless, candidates, those are shortlisted by NCCS criteria will only be required interview. A limited number of fellowships will be offered by NCCS to the selected students, that do not have fellowship (from CSIR/DBT/ICMR/ UGC/DST-Inspire/BINC) however have certified JGEEBILS and are chosen by NCCS. Submission of application to NCCS-PhD programme does not automatically guarantee that an applicant will be shortlisted for interview.
Shortlisted candidates fulfilling NCCS criteria will have to appear for the interview to be held at NCCS during 21st and 22nd January 2020. In-depth eligibility conditions are
given below under.
ELIGIBILITY FOR NCCS PhD PROGRAMME:
I. Should have a Masters (postgraduate) degree in any branch of Sciences with interest in pursuing research in Modern Biology, having at least 55% or comparable Grade Point Average (GPA) (A relaxation of 5% of marks, shall be allowed for Reserved Categories SC/ST/OBC and Persons With Disabilities) and with a legitimate fellowship from CSIR/UGC/DST-Inspire with NET-LS or GATE / DBT/ICMR/ BINC, etc
II. Students with a post-graduate degree, who do not have individual fellowship but have certified JGEEBILS examination performed by NCBS/TIFR on 09th December, 2018 will be qualified to apply. Students will be shortlisted based upon JGEEBILS results by NCCS criteria for interview. NCCS decision in this regard will be final. Please write your JGEEBILS December, 2018 Reference Code on the top of the application form at the designated place.
How to Apply:
- Applicants that have qualified only for Lectureship in CSIR-UGC (NET) and the ” Project List of ICMR” are not eligible.
- NCCS’s PhD program is a totally residential program. The selected applicants will need to stay on campus.
- Students who have a fellowship and are expected to be awarded M. Sc, Degree by.
the end of the July-2020 is also eligible to apply. Their selection will be provisionary and will be terminated if they are unable to provide proof of fulfilling eligibility criteria by end of November 2020. No even more request for time extension will be entertained.
- All the qualified total applications gotten within the last date will be screened and shortlisted candidates will be asked for an interview based on the timetable is given below.
- Various other terms and conditions of the fellowship will be directed by the funding.
agency awarding the fellowship. The upper age limit for JRF shall be 28 years which is relaxed approximately 5 years when it comes to applicants belonging to SC/ST/Women/ PWD and 3 years in case of OBC candidates, or as suitable.
- Fellowship will be activated based on the respective financing agencies guidelines on.
Direct Benefit Transfer basis. NCCS will not be accountable for providing fellowships.
- Reservation will be as per Government of India guidelines.
- SC/ST/OBC candidates should additionally attach true copy of Caste Certificate/ Latest.
non-creamy layer certificate along with the application and originals ought to be produced at the time of Interview.
- An application fee of Rs. 100/- only (Rs. One hundred only) must be sent together with the application in the form of a Demand Draft payable to “The DIRECTOR, NCCS” at PUNE. There is no application fee for SC/ST/ PWD students.
- Interested candidates who satisfy the above criteria may send their typed application in the suggested format (download from NCCS internet site). The completed hardcopy application form together with the copies of M.Sc. marks statement and Fellowship certificate/admit card ought to reach the Dean (Academics), National Centre for Cell Science, S. P. Pune University Campus, Ganeshkhind, Pune– 411 007 on or before 29th November 2019.
- Second class train fare by shortest route will be paid to SC/ST Applicants as per rules,.
for attending the interview.
- Applicants need to make their own arrangements to remain at Pune. Selected.
candidates will require to stay for 2 days more for interaction and completion of.
The one-on-one interview will be held at NCCS, Pune of all shortlisted candidates as per the
selection criteria set by NCCS. Details of the interview process/schedule will be
published on the NCCS website along with the list of shortlisted candidates on 18th December 2019.
Second class train fare by the shortest route will be paid to only SC/ST
Candidates as per rules. Candidates should make their own arrangements for stay
at Pune. Selected candidates will need to stay for two days more for interaction
and finalization of the guide.
Applicants should bring all originals along with an attested copy of the following documents at the time of Interview.
1) Birth certificate/ proof of Date of birth.
2) SC/ST/PWD category certificate from competent authorities.
3) Statement of marks of each year/semester of graduation.
4) Statement of marks of each year/semester of (M.Sc.)
5) Fellowship/ NET-LS /GATE Certificate/ JGEEBILS Admit card.
6) For OBC category, valid Non-creamy layer certificate.
Important Dates:Last date of receipt of application at NCCS with all required documents.29th November 2019Publication of list of shortlisted candidates called for Interview at NCCS.18th December 2019Date(s) & Time of interview.21st and 22nd January 2020 from 9.00 AM onwardsDeclaration of Result of the interview.22nd January 2020 eveningInteraction and Finalization of Guide.Before 29th January 2020Expected date of joining at NCCS2nd March 2020
For Queries: Applicants should e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone enquiries will not be entertained.