IISER Pune hosts a varied group of researchers working in different areas. Research in Biology at IISER presently encompasses both theoretical and also experimental techniques. Fields of research open to application in this round of PhD selections are as follows:
- Ecology and Evolution
- Biological Chemistry, Biochemistry, Structural Biology
- Biophysics, Mathematical and Computational Biology
- Molecular, Cellular as well as Developmental Biology
Given the wide range of the research done at IISER Pune, we are also open to candidates that have specialized in areas other than Biology. Students with a quantitative background in Science and also Engineering, in addition to Chemistry, will find a variety of faculty members engaged at the interface of Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics.
The selection procedure may entail a written test and up to two rounds of interview. At each step, only a subset of chosen candidates will move forward to the next phase.
Applying does not instantly guarantee that an applicant will be shortlisted for the selection process. The department might make use of added criteria in order to shortlist applicants for the written examination depending upon the number of applications received.
1. Minimum 60% marks in aggregate (overall percentage; not only in majoring subject) or CGPA 6 out of 10 point scale (55% or equivalent CGPA in aggregate for SC/ST and also PD applicants) in Masters’ Degree in any branch of Science: Physics/ Chemistry/ Mathematics/ Biological Sciences/ Ecology & Environmental Sciences/ Biodiversity/ Psychology or equivalent. BE/ B.Tech/ M.Tech or MBBS degree holders may also apply.
2. The applicant MUST satisfy one of the following criteria:
(a) Qualified a National Eligibility exam that provides a 5 year PhD fellowship * such as CSIR– JRF/ UGC– JRF/ DBT– JRF– A/ ICMR– JRF/ DBT– BINC– JRF/ Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship.
(b) Prime Ministers Research Fellowship (PMRF) * for activation at IISER Pune as a hosting institution in the discipline of choice.
* The certificate/ fellowship MUST be valid at the time of admission as on 01 January 2020.
- Closing of online application: October 30, 2019
- Written test: November 13, 2019
- Interviews: November 13-15, 2019
Please email email@example.com for queries.