Advt No.02/2019-FCI Category-II
Food Corporation of India (FCI), among the largest Public Sector Undertakings Making Sure That the food security of the Nation invites online applications for the under-mentioned posts on its own Depots and Offices spread all over the nation from qualified applicants that meet the prescribed qualifications, age, experience etc.
For the post of Manager (General/ Depot/ Movement/ Accounts/ Technical/ Civil Engineering/ Electrical Mechanical Engineering), applicants will be chosen as Management Trainee and will undergo training for six months. The only consolidated stipend will be paid at the rate of Rs. 40000/(Forty thousand only) per month during the training period. Management Trainees will be considered for absorption as Managers in the IDA Pay scale of Rs. 40000 — 140000 upon successful completion of training period of six months.
Name of the Post: Manager Technical
Post Code: E
No. of Vacancies According to Zones:
- North Zone – 30
- North-East Zone – 01
Total Vacancies: 31
The scale of Pay: 40000 – 140000
Maximum Age limit as on 01/08/2019: 28
B.Sc. In Agriculture from a recognized University.
B.Tech degree or B.E degree in Food Science from a recognized University/ an institution approved by the AICTE; or
B.Tech degree or B.E degree in Food Science & Technology or Food Technology or Food Processing Technology or Food Process Engineering or Food Processing or Food Preservation Technology from a recognized University/ an institution approved by the AICTE. or
B.Tech. Degree or BE degree in Agricultural Engineering from a recognized University/an institution approved by the AICTE. Or
B.Tech degree or B.E degree in Bio-Technology or Industrial BioTechnology or even Bio-Chemical Engineering or Agricultural Bio-Technology from a recognized University/ an institution approved by the AICTE;
i. A CANDIDATE CAN APPLY IN ANYONE ZONE ONLY i.e. EITHER NORTH ZONE OR SOUTH ZONE OR EAST ZONE OR WEST ZONE OR NORTHEAST ZONE AS PER THE VACANCIES.
ii. A CANDIDATE CAN APPLY FOR ANY ONE OF THE POSTCODE A, B, C, D, E, F, G & H IN THE OPTED ZONE ONLY.
iii. When a candidate is claiming a particular qualification as equal qualification according to the need of this Notice of examination, where applicable, order/ letter in respect of equal Educational Qualification, will be required to be produced by the candidates at the time of Document Verification as well as if required by FCI, indicating the Authority (with date and number ) under which it has been treated, in respect of equality clause in Essential Qualifications. The conclusion of FCI will be binding and final in this regard.
iv. Candidate must indicate that the percentage obtained in Graduation calculated to the nearest two decimals in the online application. Where CGPA / OGPA/Grades are awarded, the exact same should be converted into percent and indicated in the online program. If called for subsequent phases, the candidate is going to need to produce a certification issued by the right authority inter alia signalling the standards of the University regarding conversion of CGPA/OGPA/Grades into percent and the percentage of marks scored by the candidate concerning criteria.
v. The only mode of application is ONLINE. The printed/ hard copies of this application form won’t be entertained.
vi. Relevant experience, where necessary, should be after acquiring the minimum necessary qualification for the post applied.
Manager (General/Depot/Movement/Accounts/Technical/Civil Engineering/Electrical Mechanical Engineering): The selection procedure will be comprising Online Test, Interview and Training.
A) PATTERN OF ONLINE TEST The online test will include of Phase-I and Phase-II examinations.
PROCEDURE FOR APPLYING ONLINE
1. DETAILED GUIDELINES/PROCEDURES FOR
A. APPLICATION REGISTRATION
B. PAYMENT OF FEES
C. DOCUMENT SCAN AND UPLOAD
Candidates can apply online only from 28.09.2019, 10:00 Hrs (IST) to 27.10.2019, 16:00 Hrs (IST) and no other mode of application will be accepted.
2. IMPORTANT POINTS TO BE NOTED BEFORE REGISTRATION
Before applying online, candidates should-
(i) scan their :
– photograph (4.5cm × 3.5cm)
– signature (with black ink)
– left thumb impression (on white paper with black or blue ink)
– a hand written declaration (on a white paper with black ink) (text is given below)
ensuring that all these scanned documents adhere to the required specifications as given in the Advertisement.
(ii) Signature in CAPITAL LETTERS will NOT be accepted.
(iii) The left thumb impression should be properly scanned and not smudged. (If a candidate is not having left thumb, he/she may use his/ her right thumb for applying.)
(iv) The text for the hand written declaration is as follows –
“I, _______ (Name of the candidate), hereby declare that all the information submitted by me in the application form is correct, true and valid. I will present the supporting documents as and when required.”
(v) The above-mentioned handwritten declaration has to be in the candidate’s handwriting and in English only. If it is written and uploaded by anybody else or in any other language, the application will be considered as invalid. (In the case of Visually Impaired candidates who cannot write may get the text of declaration typed and put their left-hand thumb impression below the typed declaration and upload the document as per specifications.)
(vi) Keep the necessary details/documents ready to make Online Payment of the requisite application fee.
(vii) Have a valid personal email ID and mobile no., which should be kept active till the completion of this Recruitment Process. Intimation to download call letters for the Examination etc. may be sent through the registered e-mail ID. In case a candidate does not have a valid personal e-mail ID, he/she should create his/her new e-mail ID and mobile no. before applying on-line and must maintain that email account and mobile number.
3. APPLICATION FEES (NON-REFUNDABLE) PAYMENT OF FEE ONLINE: 28.09.2019, 10:00 Hrs (IST) to 27.10.2019, 16:00 Hrs (IST)
Bank Transaction charges for Online Payment of application fees will have to be borne by the candidate.
A. Application Registration
- Candidates to go to the FCI website (www.fci.gov.in) and click on the option “APPLY ONLINE” which will open a new screen.
- To register application, choose the tab “Click here for New Registration” and enter Name, Contact details and Email-id. A Provisional Registration Number and Password will be generated by the system and displayed on the screen. Candidate should note down the Provisional Registration Number and Password. An Email & SMS indicating the Provisional Registration number and Password will also be sent.
- In case the candidate is unable to complete the application form in one go, he/she can save the data already entered by choosing “SAVE AND NEXT” tab. Prior to submission of the online application, candidates are advised to use the “SAVE AND NEXT” facility to verify the details in the online application form and modify the same if required. Visually Impaired candidates should fill the application form carefully and verify/ get the details verified to ensure that the same are correct prior to final submission.
- Candidates are advised to carefully fill and verify the details filled in the online application themselves as no change will be possible/ entertained after clicking the FINAL SUBMIT BUTTON.
- The Name of the candidate or his /her Father/ Husband etc. should be spelt correctly in the application as it appears in the Certificates/ Mark sheets/Identity proof. Any change/alteration found may disqualify the candidature.
- Validate your details and Save your application by clicking the ‘Validate your details’ and ‘Save & Next’ button.
- Candidates can proceed to upload Photo & Signature as per the specifications are given in the Guidelines for Scanning and Upload of Photograph and Signature detailed under point “C”.
- Candidates can proceed to fill other details of the Application Form.
- Click on the Preview Tab to preview and verify the entire application form before FINAL SUBMIT.
- Modify details, if required, and click on ‘FINAL SUBMIT’ ONLY after verifying and ensuring that the photograph, signature uploaded and other details filled by you are correct.
- Click on ‘Payment’ Tab and proceed for payment.
- Click on ‘Submit’ button.
B. PAYMENT OF FEES- ONLINE MODE
- The application form is integrated with the payment gateway and the payment process can be completed by following the instructions.
- The Candidates applying for the post (ANYONE WITHIN THE ZONE) are required to submit APPLICATION FEE of Rs. 800/- (Excluding bank charges but including G S T). The payment can be made by using Debit Cards (RuPay/Visa/MasterCard/Maestro), Credit Cards, Internet Banking, IMPS, Cash Cards/ Mobile Wallets/UPI.
- SC / ST / PwBD and Women candidates are exempted from payment of Application Fee.
- After submitting your payment information in the online application form, PLEASE WAIT FOR THE INTIMATION FROM THE SERVER. DO NOT PRESS BACK OR REFRESH BUTTON IN ORDER TO AVOID DOUBLE CHARGE
- On successful completion of the transaction, an e-Receipt will be generated.
- Non-generation of ‘E-Receipt’ indicates PAYMENT FAILURE. On failure of payment, Candidates are advised to login again using their Provisional Registration Number and Password and repeat the process of payment.
- Candidates are required to take a printout of the e-Receipt and online Application Form containing fee details. Please note that if the same cannot be generated, online transaction may not have been successful.
- For Credit Card users: All charges are listed in Indian Rupee. If you use a non-Indian credit card, your bank will convert to your local currency based on prevailing exchange rates.
- To ensure the security of your data, please close the browser window once your transaction is completed.
- There is a facility to print application form containing fee details after payment of fees.
C. GUIDELINES FOR SCANNING AND UPLOAD OF DOCUMENTS
Before applying online a candidate will be required to have a scanned (digital) image of his/her photograph and signature as per the specifications are given below.
– Photograph must be a recent passport style colour picture.
– Make sure that the picture is in colour, taken against a light-coloured, preferably white,
– Look straight at the camera with a relaxed face
– If the picture is taken on a sunny day, have the sun behind you, or place yourself in the
shade, so that you are not squinting and there are no harsh shadows
– If you have to use flash, ensure there’s no “red-eye”
– If you wear glasses make sure that there are no reflections and your eyes can be clearly
– Caps, hats and dark glasses are not acceptable. Religious headwear is allowed but it must
not cover your face.
– Dimensions 200 x 230 pixels (preferred)
– Size of file should be between 20kb–50 kb
– Ensure that the size of the scanned image is not more than 50kb. If the size of the file is
more than 50 kb, then adjust the settings of the scanner such as the DPI resolution, no. of
colours etc., during the process of scanning.
– If the photo is not uploaded at the place of Photo Admission for Examination will be
rejected/denied. Candidate him/herself will be responsible for the same.
– Candidate should also ensure that photo is uploaded at the place of photo and signature at the place of signature. If photo in place of photo and signature in place of signature is not uploaded properly, candidate will not be allowed to appear for the exam.
– Candidate must ensure that Photo to be uploaded is of required size and the face should be clearly visible.
Signature, left thumb impression and hand-written declaration Image:
– The applicant has to sign on white paper with Black Ink pen.
– The applicant has to put his left thumb impression on a white paper with black or blue ink.
– The applicant has to write the declaration in English clearly on a white paper with black ink
– The signature, left thumb impression and the hand written declaration should be of the
applicant and not by any other person.
– The signature will be used to put on the Call Letter and wherever necessary.
– If the Applicant’s signature on the attendance sheet or Call letter, signed at the time of the examination, does not match the signature uploaded, the applicant will be disqualified.
– Signature / Hand written declaration in CAPITAL LETTERS shall NOT be accepted.
o File type: jpg / jpeg
o Dimensions: 140 x 60 pixels (preferred)
o File Size: Between 10 KB – 20 KB
Left thumb impression:
• The applicant has to put his left thumb impression on a white paper with black or blue ink.
• The hand written declaration should be of the applicant and not by any other person.
o File type: jpg / jpeg
o Dimensions: 240 x 240 pixels in 200 DPI (Preferred for required quality) i.e 3 cm * 3 cm (Width * Height)
o File Size: 20 KB – 50 KB
• Hand written declaration text should be as given at Point-iv under the heading ‘IMPORTANT POINTS TO BE NOTED BEFORE REGISTRATION’
• Hand written declaration should NOT be written in CAPITAL LETTERS otherwise it shall not be accepted.
• The applicant has to write the declaration in English clearly on a white paper with black or blue ink.
• The hand written declaration should be of the applicant and not by any other person.
• Hand written Declaration
o File type: jpg / jpeg
o Dimensions: 800 x 400 pixels in 200 DPI (Preferred for required quality) i.e 10 cm * 5 cm (Width * Height)
o File Size: 50 KB – 100 KB
Scanning the documents:
• Set the scanner resolution to a minimum of 200 dpi (dots per inch)
• Set Colour to True Colour.
• Crop the image in the scanner to the edge of the left thumb impression / hand written declaration, then use the upload editor to crop the image to the final size (as specified above).
• The image file should be JPG or JPEG format. An example file name is: image01.jpg or image01.jpeg
• Image dimensions can be checked by listing the folder files or moving the mouse over the file image icon.
• Candidates using MS Windows/MSOffice can easily obtain documents in .jpeg format by using MS Paint or MSOffice Picture Manager. Scanned documents in any format can be saved in .jpg / .jpeg format by using ‘Save As’ option in the File menu. Size can be adjusted by using crop and then resize option.
– If the file size and format are not as prescribed, an error message will be displayed.
– While filling in the Online Application Form the candidate will be provided with a link to upload his/her photograph, signature, left thumb impression and handwritten declaration.
Procedure for uploading the documents:
• While filling in the Online Application Form the candidate will be provided with separate links for uploading left
thumb impression and hand written declaration
• Click on the respective link “Upload left thumb impression / hand written declaration”
• Browse and Select the location where the Scanned left thumb impression / hand written declaration file has been saved.
• Select the file by clicking on it
• Click the ‘Open/Upload’ button Your Online Application will not be registered unless you upload your Left thumb impression and hand written declaration as specified.
• If the file size and format are not as prescribed, an error message will be displayed.
• Preview of the uploaded image will help to see the quality of the image. In case of unclear / smudged, the same may be re-uploaded to the expected clarity /quality.
(1) In case the left thumb impression or the hand written declaration is unclear / smudged the candidate’s application may be rejected.
(2) After uploading the left thumb impression / hand written declaration in the online application form candidates should check that the images are clear and have been uploaded correctly at the designated place. In case the left thumb impression or the hand written declaration is not prominently visible, the candidate may edit his/ her application and re-upload his/ her thumb impression / hand written declaration, prior to submitting the form.
(3) After registering online candidates are advised to take a printout of their system generated online application forms.
NOTE- THE CANDIDATE SHOULD ENSURE THAT THE PHOTOGRAPHS, SIGNATURE, HAND
WRITTEN DECLARATION & THUMB IMPRESSION ARE UPLOADED CORRECTLY AS PER
THE ABOVE INTRUCTIONS AND AT THE DESIGNATED PLACE ONLY. THE WRONG
UPLOADING OF ANY OF THESE MAY RENDER THE APPLICATION LIABLE FOR REJECTION.
TENTATIVE SCHEDULE:Submission of Online Application Form
along with fee payment will commence from28.09.2019 from 10:00 Hrs (IST)Last Date & time for submission of
Online Application and payment of fees.27.10.2019 till 16:00 Hrs (IST)Availability of Call letter on website for
download Approximately 10 days prior to announced date of examinationDate of Online TestWill be announced in website www.fci.gov.in
Tentatively in the month of November/December,
Note: Candidates may visit the FCI website www.fci.gov.in for regular updates.
The Online registration will remain active from 28.09.2019, 10:00 Hrs (IST) to 27.10.2019, 16:00 Hrs (IST) only. In order to avoid the last-minute rush, the candidates are advised to apply early enough. FCI will not be responsible for network problems or any other problem in submission of online Application.