DIVISION OF PLANT PHYSIOLOGY
ICAR-Indian Agricultural Research Institute, New Delhi- 110012
Job Name: Senior Research Fellow (SRF)
No. of Posts: 01
Name of the Project: (CSIR Project: ‘Association between candidate genes and traits governing phosphorus use efficiency in wheat’; Duration- till June 2022)
Emoluments: Rs. 28,000/- and 30 percent HRA pm (Pre-revised salary; will be revised according to CSIR OM 6/Fellowship (ENH)/2k19/EMR-I dtd.7thJune 2019)
Eligibility according to guidelines mentioned on site www.csirhrdg.res.in
- First-class Master in Science degree in Agriculture (Crop Physiology/Genetics /Agronomy), Biotechnology/ Botany/ Life Sciences (plant science) from UGC recognized University.
- Two years of research experience post-master’s degree as evident from published papers in standard refereed journals and experience certificate.
Desirable Qualifications: Experience in working with field crops, handling instruments such as root imaging, tissue nutrient analysis; data analysis and interpretation, report writing.
Job Name: Junior Research Fellow (SRF)
No. of Posts: 01
Name of the Project: (DBT-NER Project: “Candidate gene association mapping for tolerance to iron toxicity and low phosphorus stress in rice”; Project duration-till September 2022)
Emoluments: Rs. 31,000/- and 24 percent HRA a month for two years and Rs. 35,000 and 24 percent HRA pm in the third year.
Eligibility as Stated in OM No. SB/S9/Z-08/2012 dtd. 30-01-2019
Essential Qualifications: First-class Master in Science degree in Agriculture (Crop Physiology/Genetics /Agronomy), Biotechnology/ Botany (Plant Physiology)/ Life Sciences (plant science) in UGC recognized University.
Desirable Qualifications: Experience in working with field crops, hydroponics, data analysis and interpretation, report writing.
Terms & Conditions:
- Age limitation: Maximum age is 32 years for SRF and 28 years for JRF (age relaxation of five years for SC/ST & women and three years for OBC)
- The posts are only temporary and will be filled on a contractual basis until the conclusion of this project subject to satisfactory performance.
- The candidate will not claim regular appointment in this Institute, since the post is co-terminus together with the project.
- The candidates will need to compulsorily bring the filled in application form (according to the format annexed), all the original certificates from matriculation onwards, date of birth certification, NET/equivalent certification, degree certification either original or provisional and a single set of the self-attested photocopies of the necessary certificates from matriculation onwards and an attested copy of a recent passport size photograph glued onto the application form. Proof of experience and publications also will need to be submitted.
- No TA/DA is going to be compensated for attending the interview.
- Just the candidates meeting essential qualifications will be interviewed.
- Concealing of facts or canvassing in any form will lead to disqualification or termination of these candidates.
- The candidates need to submit the application at the time of interview according to the format annexed together with the declaration
- Reporting time for interview: 9:00-10.00 AM in Division of Plant Physiology. Candidates reporting following 10.30 AM for verification won’t be entertained.
- Date, Time & Venue of Interview: 9:00-10.00