ADVT. NO.: 74/2019
Job Title: Project Assistant / Project Fellow (Junior Research Fellow)
No. of Posts: 01
Name of Project: “Developing Cancer Models Using CRISPR-Cas9 Technique in Zebrafish”
Project Code: 30819439
Funding Agency: Department of Biotechnology (DBT)
Minimum Educational Qualifications: M.Sc. / M.Tech / Equivalent degree in Life Sciences / Biotechnology / Microbiology / Genetics / Zoology with minimum 60% marks or equivalent grade.
Preference: Candidate having minimal one year of research experience and having qualified CSIR-UGC NET / LS / GATE / DBT- JRF or equal scorecard with a background of molecular biology techniques (DNA / RNA isolation, PCR, cloning), zebrafish handling and / or microscopy techniques will probably be favoured.
The tenure of this appointment: Originally for a duration of one year that might be extended subject to satisfactory performance of the incumbent and continuation of this project.
1) Project Assistant — Rs. 19,840 + 24 percent HRA a month.
2) Project Fellow (Junior Research Fellow) – Rs.31, 000/- + 24 percent HRA a month based on valid CSIR-UGC NET / LS / GATE / DBT-JRF or equal scorecard.
Age: Not over 28 years according to the date of walk-in interviews.
How to Apply:
- In the time of the interview, applicants Will Need to bring duly filled prescribed application form (available below advertising link), self-attested photocopies of certificates in support of educational qualifications, experience, date of birth and also in support of information submitted in the application form and one recent passport size colour photo.
- The applicant should also bring all of the original certificates at the time of interview for The goal of verification.
General Information/Details about the post:
- The appointment is temporary and will terminate automatically with no compensation or notice on the Conclusion of this project.
- The appointed person will have no claim of appointment/absorption in Funding Agency or in IISER Pune.
- Appointment of this applicant will be governed by the terms and conditions of the funding agency particularly relevant to the said project
- The qualification prescribed ought to have been obtained from recognized Universities / Institutions.
- The prescribed educational qualification and expertise would be the bare minimum and mere possession of Same doesn’t entitle candidates to be considered in every stage of the selection procedure. Where the number Of candidates appearing for walk-in interview is large, it won’t be convenient or possible to interview all qualified applicants. Depending on the recommendations of the Screening Committee, the Project Investigator may restrict the number of applicants to be considered for the interview to a reasonable Limitation after taking into consideration credentials and experience over and above the minimum prescribed in the advertisement. Therefore, It Is Going to be in the interest of their candidates, to mention all the Qualifications and experience in the application.
- Relaxation in requirement of experience could be considered in the event of exceptionally meritorious Applicants, with the previous approval of the competent authority.
- Age relaxation commensurate with educational qualification and/ or experience of the applicant can be Considered for applicants having qualifications and experience higher than the advertised with the prior approval of the competent authority.
- No TA/DA will be admissible for appearing for the interview.
- Selected candidates will need to join duty immediately on receipt of this offer.
- No interim enquiries/correspondence/communication of any sort will be entertained on the matter.
- Canvassing in any form and / or bringing any influence, political, or otherwise, will be treated as a disqualification for the post applied for.
- Date, Time & Venue of Interview: Friday, October 18, 2019, at 09.30 A.M at Biology Wing, Second Floor, Main Building, IISER Pune, Dr Homi Bhabha
Road, Pune – 411008