Institute of Bioinformatics and Applied Biotechnology (IBAB)
Biotech Park, Electronic City Phase I, Bangalore – 560100
Call for Applications for a
‘PG Diploma in Big Data Biology’
(In collaboration with IIIT, Bangalore)
(Funded by the Department of Biotechnology, Govt. of India)
Duration of the course: One Year
Unique Features of the Programme:
- Interdisciplinary programme with courses that strengthen the computational, statistical and engineering components required to analyse large scale data in life sciences
Courses handled by faculty from IBAB and IIIT-Bangalore and industry experts
- Integrated learning experience involving coursework and industry and research oriented project work
- Comprehensive curriculum comprising diverse areas in Data Science with applications in Life Sciences, including development of machine learning algorithms, genomics, imaging and image processing and clinical data analysis
- Extensive interaction with industry including mentoring and selected teaching by subject matter experts from industry
- 100% track record of placements of the two institutes and their established industry network
- Curriculum with a blend of computing and life sciences that will open opportunities in diverse areas including health care data science, genomics and clinical trials.
- Indian Nationals with B.E. / B.Tech. degree in Biotechnology / Biomedical Technology / Bioinformatics / Computer Science and Engineering /Electronics and Communication Engineering / Electrical and Electronics Engineering / Information Technology or equivalent degree
- M.Sc. degree in Biotechnology / Bioinformatics / Biochemistry /Computer Science / Information Technology / Statistics or equivalent degree with a minimum of 60% in the qualifying examination.
Students selected for the programme may be eligible to receive a scholarship of Rs. 10,000/- per month from the Department of Biotechnology, Government of India**
** As per eligibility conditions prescribed by DBT, Govt. of India.
National level online entrance examination at select centres across the country followed by an interview at IBAB.
Number of seats: 25
Reservation for SC/ST/Physically Challenged candidates will be based on the norms of MHRD, Govt. of India
Applications to the programme can be submitted online at https://ibab2019.azurewebsites.net
Details of programme: http://ibab.ac.in
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
All fees can be paid through cash, NEFT or by a Demand Draft (DD) drawn in favour of ‘Institute of Bioinformatics and Applied Biotechnology’ payable at Bengaluru. NEFT details are given below.
Name of the Account: Institute of Bioinformatics & Applied Biotechnology
Account No: 036005011787
Type of Account: Current Account
Name of the Bank : ICICI
Bank Branch: Electronic City
IFSC Code : ICIC0000360
Ofﬁce of Admissions
Institute of Bioinformatics and Applied Biotechnology (IBAB) Biotech Park, Electronics City Phase I, Bangalore-560100
Phone: 080-2852 8900/01/02
- Deadline for Application: 20th October 2019
- Date of entrance examination: 03rd November 2019
- Commencement of the course: 06th January 2020