Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate
Medical Education and Research (JIPMER)
(An Institution of National Importance Under the
Ministry of Health, Government of India)
Department of Medicine
Name of the Post: Junior Research Fellow
No. of Posts: 01
Name of the Post: “Effect of Colchicine in Septic Shock (COLISEPS Trial) – A Pilot Study”
Duration: 3 years
Principal Investigator: Dr. R. Venkateswaran, Associate Professor of Medicine.
Emoluments: Rs.25,000/- + HRA (Rs.5,000/-)
Maximum Age: Not exceeding 28 years as on 28th August 2019. But can be relaxed for OBC/SC/ST candidates according to standards.
Essential Qualifications: M.Sc in Medical Biotechnology, Pharmacology, Biochemistry or Equivalent degree. BE or B. Tech in Biotechnology or Equivalent Degree.
- Great communication skills in Tamil and Proficiency in English
- Basic computer knowledge is necessary for data entry and data analysis.
- Expertise: Animal (Mice) handling, ELISA and Western Blot techniques
- Any Publication in Science Citation Indexed Journals
- National Eligibility Test Qualified (such as ICMR-JRF, CSIR-UGC, JGEEBILS)
How to Apply:
Selection process: Registered applicants will be screened and eligible candidates will be intimated by email, on 15th August 2019 to attend the interview. On 28th August 2019, following certificate verification, all candidates found qualified will need to appear for the written test. Depending on the performance in the written exam, the best 5 (Five) candidates will be shortlisted to appear for Personal Interview. List of Shortlisted Candidates will be displayed in the Departmental Notice Board at two PM on precisely the exact same day. The final merit list will be drawn following the Interview, together with all the Selected candidate and Waitlisted applicants. The exact same will be valid for a year from the date of Publications of results.
Interested Candidates fulfilling the eligibility criteria and agree to the terms & conditions for appointment (as mentioned below) could apply. Candidates that receive the confirmation email (to participate in the interview) may report for the walk-in-interview on 28th August 2019 (Monday) by 8.00 AM with their application in the prescribed proforma available in the Institute’s site appending therewith self-attested certificates / reference letters / résumé along with other applicable documents (mentioned below) at the above designated venue for verification of documents before appearing for written test and personal interview.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS for appointment to the post of JUNIOR RESEARCH FELLOW
- The appointment is PURELY on a TEMPORARY BASIS (co-terminus together with the project) will be initially for a period Of ONE YEAR and the extension could be granted up to THREE YEARS dependent on the performance with effect From the date of joining. In case the period isn’t extended farther, the exact same will have lapsed automatically.
- If the performance of the appointee Isn’t found satisfactory by the Principal Investigator, subsequently appointment can be terminated at any time without assigning any reason.
- If the appointee wishes to resign, it may be done by giving a month’s notice or by paying one month’s Salary.
- The appointee isn’t eligible for any T.A. for attending the interview and joining the appointment.
- Qualification, experience, other terms and conditions could be relaxed/altered at the discretion of this Principal Investigator. The decision of the Competent Authority will be final.
- The appointee will perform the responsibilities as delegated to him/her. The competent authority reserves the right to assign any duty as and when required. No extra/additional allowances will be admissible in case of such assignment.
- The appointee shall be on the whole time appointment of the JIPMER and will not accept any other Assignment, compensated or otherwise and will not engage himself/herself in private practice of any kind during the period of contract.
- The appointee will not be entitled to any advantage including Provident Fund, Pension, Gratuity, Medical Attendance Treatment, Seniority, Promotion etc. or any other benefits available to the Government Servants, appointed on regular basis.
- The appointee Won’t be eligible to get official accommodation/quarters allotment within the campus as Applicable to the other regular employees of the Institute.
- The Income Tax or any other tax liable to be deducted According to the prevailing rules will be deducted at source Before effecting the payment, for which the Department will issue TDS Certificate/s.
For additional questions, if any, contact Principal Investigator with the email of this subject Mentioned as”Enquiries about DST-SERB COLISEPS project recruitment”
Dr. Venkateswaran R,
Email ID – (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Department of Medicine,
JIPMER, Puducherry – 605006